As Kenning Arlitsch and Justin Shanks mentioned in their article “Making Sense of Researcher Services” marketing oneself as a researcher is an important piece of the research process in the 21st century. The LinkedIn post below illustrates ways to further one’s presence online with an ORCID. In addition, an author can build an author profile with Google Scholar profile, which pulls all types of information (presentation, dissertations, white papers, peer-reviewed articles) to an author’s Google Scholar profile page. Here is an example of our, Russell Michalak and Monica Rysavy, Google Scholar profile pages, as well as Kenning Arlitch’s.
- Do you post your academic presentations on a website?
- Making time for your own professional development – NEAIR’s Summer Drive-in Workshop on Tableau
- Outreach in Academic Libraries
- Keeping track of presentations and scholarly publications
- Recently Published: A Michalak & Rysavy Chapter in Digital Workplace Learning